Yandex Browser for Android
Web browser app from the Russian search engine
Yandex Browser for Android is just what the name implies. This is the official Yandex Browser to be used on any Android mobile device, including tablets and phones. Users of this app can expect a fast browser with several great features that make surfing the web easier and more fun.
Many of the features included in Yandex Browser for Android are what users have come to expect from their internet browsers. These include things like bookmarks, the ability to easily switch between tabs, and remembering passwords for websites. While Yandex is the default search engine for this browser, the user can easily change that if he or she prefers to use something else like Yahoo or Google.
By far, the most interesting aspect of the Yandex Browser for Android app is the "Turbo Option." This handy little features makes a big impression of first time users, and for good reason. With the Turbo Option, users can vastly increase the speed with which the browser loads webpages. The app accomplishes this by compress websites and videos in order to avoid wasting time loading unnecessary information and media. Of course, this time savings can equal money savings since it reduces the amount of data that is need to browse the internet, thus reducing the chances that a user will go over his or her monthly data allowance and have to buy more.
Another great option that is available to Yandex Browser for Android users is the ability to sync all of their data between their mobile devices and their personal computers. This means they can share data between all of their technology.
- All the standard browser features.
- Turbo option greatly increases the speed of web browsing and reduces data usage.
- Data sync option.
- Latest update affected video playback options within browser.
– Change the size of the text you are reading with the new zoom slider.
– Enable the auto-fit option in Settings to make the text you are reading fit into the screen automatically each time you change its size.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- SET_WALLPAPER: Allows applications to set the wallpaper.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.